Not to include the villages of Laura, Ludlow Falls, Potsdam or West Milton
METHODS OF PAYMENT INCLUDE: CHECK, MONEY ORDER, EXACT CASH
PLEASE PLACE CARTS OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE TO ENSURE NEXT DAY PICKUP.
Please follow these simple guidelines when preparing your material for collection.
• Trash/recycling must be placed curbside the night before your scheduled collection. Drivers may not return to residences if materials are unprepared at the scheduled collection time.
- Cans and bags should not exceed 50 pounds. Please do not place trash at the curb in boxes. All boxes should be broken down and bundled. Rumpke is not responsible for damaged or missing plastic cans or lids on personal cans.
- Any mattress or upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal. Specialty bags can be purchased at the township building for $7.00 each
- Freon containing appliances should be taken to the Miami County Transfer Station.
- According to Federal law, Rumpke is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous.
- Bulky materials including concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable.
- Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb.
- Rumpke is not responsible for damage beyond the curb line.
PLEASE PLACE CARTS OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE TO ENSURE NEXT DAY PICKUP.
Billing charges are as follows:
Curbside Service $ 54.15 per quarter
Carryout Service $ 90.00 per quarter
Low Volume (35-Gal cart) $ 51.15 per quarter
Curbside Recycling $13.50 per quarter
Additional Cart $ 6.00 extra each/per quarter
Curbside Service means collection of acceptable solid waste for each residential unit at one point of pickup, which shall be the curb or edge of the paved roadway. Each customer will receive (1) free 95-gallon cart or any combination of 35-gallon or 64-gallon cart equal to 95 gallons.
Low Volume Service customers receive (1) 35-gallon cart.
Carryout Service means collection of acceptable solid waste at a location on the premises of the residential unit as specified in a form kept on file at the township office. Drives must be suitable for the haulers vehicle. Contractor will not be responsible for any damages to driveways, trees, etc.
Curbside Recycling means collection of acceptable recyclable material for each residential unit at one point of pickup, which shall be the curb or edge of the paved roadway. Each customer will receive (1) 64-gallon cart.
Residents with a disability, which limits the ability to walk, may qualify for carryout service at the curbside rate. Any such resident must complete an eligibility form to be kept at the township office.
HOLIDAYS: New Year’s Day and Christmas Day. Service will be one day late due to the holidays listed if they fall on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Missed collections will be corrected within 24 hours.
BULK ITEM PICK UP: Residents are permitted (3) bulk items per week. No Freon, batteries, tires or hazardous materials will be accepted. All upholstered items including mattresses and sofas must be wrapped in plastic. If you need an oversized, heavy duty bag to wrap your mattress, sofa or other upholstered item for bulk pickup, bags for this purpose are available at the Union Township office for $7.00 each.
RECYCLING CENTER: UTSW is offering a recycling center; open at all times to the residents, located at 9497 Markley Road, Laura. Please help us continue to offer the center by assisting in the cleanliness.
DELIVERY OF CARTS: Upon ordering of a cart (wheeler), it will take approximately 5 to 7 days for delivery.
BILLING: UTSW is billed from the Union Township Office. Bills will be sent on a quarterly basis (4 times per year). Bills will be mailed out the first week of the last month of the quarter being due by the 28th of the same month. Late fees will be applied after the 1st of the following month. Should an account balance remain, service will be discontinued after the 15th of the same month. All correspondence should be sent to 9497 Markley Road, Laura, Ohio 45337. Payments in default will be assessed to the property taxes. Courtesy reminder calls are provided using the One Call Now system.
Fuel Surcharges may be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
FEES: There will be a $40.00 charge for any returned checks (NSF), a $20.00 re-activation fee if the account is put on hold, and a cart re-delivery fee of $15.00.
** Accounts discontinued because of non-payment will not be re-activated until the full pick up fee, a $20.00 reactivation fee and a cart re-delivery fee of $15.00 is paid. Service will resume the following week after payment is received. The $20.00 reactivation fee is to defray the cost incurred by the Township in collecting the discontinued accounts and the $15.00 cart re-delivery fee is to defray the cost incurred by Rumpke.
NO CASH ON PREMISES: No cash is kept on the premises. If paying your bill in cash, please have the exact amount. Check, money order or check by phone accepted only.
Failure to receive a bill does not relieve responsibility for payment.
Night Drop Receptacle available.
UT RECYCLING CENTER
Located at 9497 Markley Road, Laura
IT IS UNLAWFUL TO REMOVE ITEMS FROM THE RECYCLING CENTER WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION
VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED
Acceptable Items for Recycling
Rumpke Recycling offers residential customers a convenient, comprehensive recycling program to enhance the recycling effort and reduce the amount of material sent to the landfill.
While the full list of acceptable materials may vary slightly in some locations, residents can typically recycle the following:
- Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors)
- Metal Cans: Aluminum cans, steel cans and lids, empty aerosol cans with the lids and tips removed
- Plastic Bottles (empty, crush, reattach lid): Bottles and jugs that have a small mouth and wider base, such as milk jugs, soda bottles, laundry detergent bottles, water bottles, shampoo bottles and contact solution bottles
- Paper: newspaper, magazines, cardboard, mixed office paper and envelopes, paperboard (cereal boxes), pizza boxes free of food debris and grease, telephone books and catalogs
- Cartons: food and beverage cartons, such as milk, juice, soup, wine, broth and other cartons.
- Mix all items together – no separation required
- Empty all bottles, jugs and cans
- No need to remove labels
- For plastic bottles, empty, crush and reattach lids
- For cartons, remove plastic caps and straws
- NEVER place medical sharps or needles in the recycling
- DON’T use plastic bags
NOT for Recycling
No plastic bags, cassette tapes, bed sheets, hangers, metal chains, garden hoses, batteries, needles, syringes, electronics, polystyrene foam, buckets, butter tubs, car parts, food, yard waste, light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, pots, pans, and scrap metal. http://www.rumpke.com/education/recycling-videos